Thursday, February 5, 2009

Y2K vs 2012

Okay let me get something cleared up right off the bat. I do not know what will happen on December 21, 2012. I have thoughts on what I think may happen around that time period but I will save that topic for another day.

What I do know is that the closer we get to 2012 the more I hear people comparing it to Y2k and that makes absolutely no sense to me. "Why?" you ask. Well first let's look at the statement.

"Well why should I worry about 2012 when that's the same thing they said about Y2K and nothing happened". "Nothing happened then and nothing gonna happen on December 21, 2012 either".

My response is that the reason that "nothing happened with Y2K" is because governments and private corporations around the world spent years and BILLIONS of dollars to prevent something from happening. It is a well known fact that we would have had worldwide catastrophic results had we just sat on our hands and done nothing.

So what are governments and private companies doing about 2012? Well, the answer is nothing. In my novel , I am sorry, my science fiction novel, I have to be sure to put that in because when I don't I get e-mails saying that I am trying to scare people, anyway in Escape 2 Earth I talk about aliens, crop circles, space ships and secret messages but in reality there is enough concern in certain circles that one would wonder why the government would not as least consider the possibility of a pole shift as many scientist have predicted and what would be the consequences of such a shift.

Could it happen? Yes, I think it could. Will it happen? Well I certainly hope not because after what I saw in reguards to Katarina I think that it's safe to say we will all be up the creek.So Y2K vs 2012 there is no comparison and I hope that those who think that there is would just take a minute and look at the facts.

The Facts
Crop Circles
Web Bot Project
History Channel Decoding the Past Doomsday Prophecy DVD
Youtube: History Channel
Billions Spent to Resolve Y2K

Here are some good places to start.

I'm not saying something will or won't happen, but I do think it's possible. I'm just explaining that I used these conspiracies as devices in my novel, Escape 2 Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment